Hatching of the Nest....

When my late husband, Richard Estes, and I moved into our home, the spacious garage presented an ideal location for an art studio and meeting place that we both had always dreamed of. Richard believed that creative thought is the only thing that will save this world. It was his vision to create a sense of community in our area, by offering a nurturing space in which we could gather and allow creativity and spiritual energy to flourish.

With Richard's passing in February 2009 I decided to breathe new life into the vision that Richard and I had.

In honor of our vision, in the Fall of 2009 I invited two other artists to help initiate the space by offering a diverse selection of art classes and personal exploration workshops. As with most businesses the first year was a time of learning, however the space was used by many people and fun creative energy was abundant.

This year the two artists that will be working with me are Tracy Vandermay and Jody McNamara. What a treat to have these two amazing women standing beside me, promoting Richard's dream. It is our wish to invite people to experience the wealth of talent at the studio as they explore the magical power of the creative spirit. Come "do art", smile, dance, and feel the joy that is shared when artists come together to create.

Monday, November 1, 2010

Again....This thing about time!!!!

I cannot believe that my last entry was before the retreat.  It seems like that happened only yesterday.  The amazing thing is that today is November 1 and the retreat happened in September!!!  Incredible!!!  I wish that someone could invent a way to hold on to time....then maybe I wouldn't lose days, weeks, months. 

Of course the retreat was unbelievable.  Everyone seemed to have fun.  I know that for Jody, Tracy and I it was a success.  We were blown away by the awesome talent and energy that was surging in the walls of the Sparrow's Nest!!!!  I'm sure that there was a surging glow around the studio building...magic was happening and what a honor it was for me to be a part of it. The creations were amazing.  Every once in a while I would make myself stop and just look around and listen.  There was laughter, there was silence, there were deep looks of concentration and there were smiles galore. Everyone left with three wonderful projects (all relating to birds).  They all looked tired but truly happy and excited by the event.

Our classes continue to all have room for more students.  My layered collage class is coming up this weekend....I'd love to have a few more folks in order to make it a nice sized group.  Both Jody and Tracy have classes coming up and still have room.  Jody's Surface Explorations class is happening on Nov. 13th and Tracy's Beaded Lapel Pin class (Nov.15th) still has room.  Our visiting Artist's classess all still have room.  Their projects are so amazing.  If you are interested in any of these please let me know.

I know that these are stressful, busy times for so many of us.  I believe "doing art" can be a way to slow down, to touch our true spirits and to let good energy out into the Universe.  Sometimes setting aside time just for you, where you are lovingly led through a new art technique, can be the best boost ever.  Our Studio, our classes and our teachers offer the perfect resting spot where busy lives can be set aside and where your spirit can soar.

Thank you for your continued support!  Jody, Tracy and I are still committed to our dream.  I hope that you will come and join us.

Love Sherri

2 comments:

  1. Glad to hear you're doing well. Sounds like you need to advertise. I think I know someone who can help in that regard.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The classes are Awesome. Such great groups of creative women! I eagerly
    anticipate the next creative encounter.

    ReplyDelete